Followers

Pages

Popular Posts

Monday, September 5, 2011

When life hits....

The new school year begins, a thousand papers to go through from school, fixing lunches, getting the 'correct' snacks, making sure kids have clothes that fit, put after school activities together, decide what/when/how much, cooking, cleaning, dogs, then.....  me.  Well, through all the craziness that is going on, I have joined Cross fit Lexington.  I am on week 4.  I am actually excited about exercising again.  I can do this. 

I have realized that since my daughter was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, in 2005, I have neglected myself.  I have been in 'go' mode.  Survival?  A type of depression?  I don't know, but I stopped exercising and even really caring what I ate.  Well, this is not about 'diet' but taking control of my health and exercising again.  I feel good.  I would love to look like I did before kids, but more than that I want to feel good an have energy. 

What do other parents do?  I have seen everything from nothing to overcompensate.  Me?  Taking one day at a time and asking God to be my strength.  I have really pulled back from a lot.  I only do things right now that effect my kids/husband.  But... I can do this cross fit.  One day at a time.  


1 comment:

mnpolutta said...

Good for you, Wendy! I know that I could not be happy if I didn't include exercise in my daily activities. Glad you are taking time to take care of what God created. :) One day at a time...one step at a time...routines...those are really the way I approach so much. ~Natalie