Followers

Pages

Popular Posts

Friday, June 24, 2011

High school....

If I knew then, what I know now, would HS have been any different for me?  I have been pondering this as NEXT summer is my high school reunion.  My answer would most definitely be YES.  I would have studied harder to get a scholarship, gone out with friends more, laughed more, not been so 'afraid' of what others' thought, asked the teachers more questions to make classes interesting (haha), made more friends, include my younger sister in ALL my activities, and just chill out more.  HS was not a great experience for me, but I really think it has more to do with me rather than those around me.  I had a GREAT college experience.  Everything listed above is what I did in college...  BUT... I know life is a journey and I guess the great horrible HS years everyone must go through.  I  am finding now that I do truly miss people from HS.  I hope my kids have 'fun' in HS.....  if HS is still 'brick and mortar'.  A lot of schools are going virtual. 

2 comments:

janjanmom said...

I did not know you were a blogger OR that you homeschooled! Me too! Well, we actually put our kiddos back in school this past year, but I home schooled them for 7 years and I MIGHT bring Lilly back home after next year when middle school hits.

I too wonder what high school would have been like if I knew then what I know now...I think that is always the case right? Hindsight is always 20/20. ( :

The Journey..... said...

I am putting Drew back in school this year for 5th, but may be taking him out again for middle. Really do not know. One year at time... right? ha ha After camp, I decided to start my blog up again. I need an outlet to share my thoughts instead of just holding my thoughts to myself....